Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions form a part of your booking agreement.
1. You are making this agreement with Kevin Cooke & Rachel Reynolds, T/A Covert Combat.
2. You must warrant that ALL PARTICIPANTS who you are booking and/or paying for have had these terms and conditions brought to their attention, have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them.
3. In the case of participants aged under-18, you must warrant that you have brought these terms and conditions to the attention of their parent or legal guardian of that participant, and that the parent or legal guardian accepts this agreement on the behalf of the participant. In doing so, the parent or legal guardian will accept responsibility and liability for the participant’s compliance and/or non-compliance with this agreement.
4. You are booking and/or paying for a leisure service, and delivery of the service will therefore occur at the specific date and time period of the session you book and/or pay for.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, YOU are responsible for arranging transport (and the cost of the transport) to get you to the location of delivery (Covert Combat, Scorrier Estate, off Treskerby Road, Scorrier, Near Redruth, Cornwall, TR16 5AU).
6. You are booking and/or paying for a leisure service, therefore the service cannot be “returned”. That said, we undertake to carry out your service with reasonable care and skill, within a reasonable time, and at a reasonable price.
7. You are booking and/or paying for the supply of a leisure service, and the contract provides for a specific date and time period of performance. As such, the service is excluded from the right to cancel; see Regulation 28(h) The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 for details.
9. We will ONLY refund your payment if we have not carried out the service you have booked and/or paid for with reasonable care and skill, within a reasonable time (but please see our Cancellation Policy, above), and at a reasonable price.
10. Please note that the stated duration of the session INCLUDES a reasonable amount of time for any necessary administration to be completed, the issuing and collecting-in of equipment and (where applicable) camouflage overalls or other clothing, a safety and equipment briefing, and drink/toilet/smoking breaks between games.
11. To obtain a refund, you must first contact us explaining why you do not believe we have carried out your service with reasonable care and skill and/or within a reasonable time and/or at a reasonable price. You must also provide your order number, date of purchase, purchase amount, and your contact details. We will then be able to locate your transaction and, if eligible, perform the refund.
12. We will process any eligible refunds within 5 working days. After we have issued a refund, and confirmed this back through to you, the funds can take a further 3-5 days to clear into your account.
13. It is important to remember that once a refund has been issued, and the funds are settled back in to your own account, that your bank has a clearing process that must be followed.
14. If the funds have not cleared 5 working days after the refund has been issued, please contact us again so we can look into this for you.
15. Please note that all refunds will be made back to the original source of payment (for example, we are unable to give cash refunds for payments originally made to us by credit/debit card, etc).
16. We use Sage Pay to collect and process transaction information. For Sage Pay’s Security Policy, please see: www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy
RISK OF INJURY
17. Covert Combat’s activities (Outdoor Lazertag and/or Nerf Battle and/or Zombie Night and/or The World War Experience) may involve intense physical and mental exertion. The uneven and natural terrain (and dark conditions, in the case of “Zombie Night”) which make these activities enjoyable can add to the risk of injury. All participants must accept that these activities can be hazardous, and can result in injury. All participants must accept the risk involved, and understand that they are responsible for their own actions and involvement. All participants will be given a safety briefing upon arrival, and briefed on the risks involved. Participants arriving late for the safety briefing will not be permitted to participate, and will not be eligible for a refund.
18. Any participant who does not comply with the rules stated in the safety and equipment briefing, or with safety instructions given by a marshal, may be asked to leave the site or sit-out, and will not be eligible for a refund.
19. Covert Combat’s activities are played with Outdoor Lazertag Guns (for Outdoor Lazertag games and/or some World War Experience sessions) or Nerf Guns (for Nerf Battle and/or Zombie Night games and/or some World War Experience sessions). Participants are not permitted to bring or use their own Lazertag or Nerf guns on-site, nor to bring or use any other type of real or replica weapon.
FITNESS TO PARTICIPATE
20. All participants must consider themselves fit to participate in these activities. If they suffer from (a) any medical condition or complaint and/or (b) any food allergy and/or (c) any disability and/or (d) any mental health condition which might endanger their own life or well-being (or the life or well-being of any other participant) they must declare it to a member of staff at Covert Combat, preferably in advance of the booking but certainly no later than upon arrival.
21. All participants must immediately report any accident or injury which occurs whilst at Covert Combat to its proprietors or employees, and must sign a copy of the accident book before leaving the site.
PHOTOS, VIDEO AND CCTV
22. From time-to-time, Covert Combat may take photographs and/or film footage of its participants, for advertising and/or marketing purposes, or to make available to the participants for download/printing, whether for free or for sale. If any participant does not wish for such photographs and/or film footage to be taken, they must advise of this upon arrival.
23. Covert Combat may record video footage (CCTV) in public areas of the site, to assist with the prevention and /or detection of crime. CCTV will not be used in areas where privacy would normally be expected.
DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT
24. Participants understand and agree that all equipment is loaned to them and, as such, must be returned at the end of the session. Participants must agree to pay a fee equal to (a) the full replacement cost of any equipment which they lose or do not return, and (b) the full replacement or repair cost (whichever is the least costly) including labour costs of any equipment which, in the opinion of Covert Combat’s proprietors and/or marshals, the participant is thought to have wilfully or recklessly damaged, and (c) all consequential loses which may be incurred by Covert Combat’s proprietors as a result of such non-return, loss or damage.
25. Participants undertake to indemnify, and not to hold liable, the proprietors and employees of Covert Combat, and the landowner(s), for any and all injury, loss or damage they might sustain whilst participating in Covert Combat’s activities, or whilst at the Covert Combat site, unless caused by negligence on the part of the proprietors or employees of Covert Combat, or the landowner(s).
26. Participants may be required to complete and sign a participation agreement (waiver) and equipment rental agreement upon arrival, confirming that they understand and agree to all of the above terms. Refusal to complete and sign this agreement will result in the participant being barred from participating, but will not make the participant eligible for a refund.
START AND END TIMES
27. The start time and duration of the session are clearly stated on our website at the time of booking, and in the booking confirmation e-mail that will be sent out upon receipt of payment. All participants should arrive 10 minutes prior to the stated “start time” to allow any paperwork to be completed, etc. At our discretion, we may overrun past the expected “end time”, with the agreement of the participants. Please note that whilst Outdoor Lazertag, Nerf Battle and World War Experience sessions will run for a fixed period of time, the duration of “Zombie Night” sessions will vary between 2.5hrs-3.5hrs depending upon the number of players booked in.
WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED PARTICIPATING
28. At the end of your session, we would politely ask all participants to quietly vacate the site as soon as possible. If other people (e.g. parents) are picking-up members of your group, please ask them to return to our site 5-10 minutes before your session is expected to end. Please be courteous to our neighbours, and keep noise to a minimum when leaving the site (especially when leaving the site in the evening/night time).
29. As Covert Combat only offers OUTDOOR activities, participants must be willing to take part in all reasonable weather conditions. We cannot offer refunds to players who do not wish to participate if we feel it is still reasonable and safe to run the session.
30. Our outdoor Lazertag equipment is weather resistant, however like most electronic equipment it cannot easily be made totally waterproof. Similarly, severe weather such as heavy rain, high winds and/or thunder/lightning might make playing conditions too unsafe to participate in our activities. In the event that we are unable to run the activity session on the date/time you have booked for, due to adverse weather, we will try to contact participants (via the person who made the booking) to offer the option of either moving your booking to an alternative time/date, or of receiving a refund for any participants who are unwilling or unable to change to an alternative time/date. You agree not to hold us liable for any consequential losses you may incur as a result of us having to cancel or postpone your booking.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS
31. Outdoor Lazertag sessions can only run if we have 2 or more people booked-in to participate. Nerf Battle sessions can only run if we have 4 or more people booked-in to participate. Zombie Night sessions can only run if we have 8 or more people booked-in to participate. These minimum numbers of participants are set at a level where we feel we can still ensure that the participants will have a worthwhile and memorable experience.
32. In the event that we get fewer people than stated in paragraph 31, above, booked-in to participate in a session, we will contact participants (via the person who made the booking) to offer the option of either moving your booking to an alternative time/date, or of receiving a refund for any participants who are unwilling or unable to change to an alternative time/date. You agree not to hold us liable for any consequential losses you may incur as a result of us having to cancel or postpone your booking.
REASONS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL
33. In the event that we are unable to run the booking session on the date/time you have booked for, for any reason(s) which are outside of our control, we will try to contact participants (via the person who made the booking) to offer the option of either moving your booking to an alternative time/date, or of receiving a refund for any participants who are unwilling or unable to change to an alternative time/date. You agree not to hold us liable for any consequential losses you may incur as a result of us having to cancel or postpone your booking.
34. In the event that we suspect we might have to postpone/cancel your booking, we will endeavour to contact all participants (via the person who made the booking) to let you know and discuss the available options, as detailed above. Please ensure you (the person who made the booking) are contactable on the day of the booking, either by e-mail, or by a contact telephone number if you provided one when you booked.
35. We only have limited parking spaces available on site. Wherever possible, please car-share. Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your session start time, as parking spaces may still be in use by earlier groups. If you unavoidably do arrive too early, please wait in your vehicle(s) until a member of staff comes to meet you/your group and escorts them to the reception area. There is no need for anybody (including the group organiser) to arrive any earlier to meet and greet other group members, as this will be taken care of by our members of staff.
MINIMUM AGE POLICY
36. All participants MUST be aged 6 years or over to participate in the outdoor Nerf Battle games, aged 10 years or over to participate in the Outdoor Lazertag games, and aged 18 years or over to participate in the Zombie Night games. For the World War Experience, all participants MUST be aged 6 years or over to participate when we are using Nerf guns, and aged 10 years or over when we are using Outdoor Lazertag guns. We do not accept any participants below these age limits, and you warrant that all people you book-in to participate are at or above the minimum age for the relevant activity.
37. If, in the opinion of any of our members of staff, a participant appears to be aged below the lower age limit for that activity, we reserve the right to request proof of age for that participant. If any such participant is found to be aged below the lower age limit for that activity, or is unable to have their age verified to the satisfaction of Covert Combat’s proprietors or employees, they will not be permitted to participate/continue participating, and will not be eligible for a refund. If you are at all concerned that a participant in your group might appear to us to be “under age”, please bring some proof of age for them with you, in case it is requested.
38. Spectators are very welcome on Outdoor Lazertag and Nerf Battle games (but NOT on Zombie Night games, however), but please note that they may only watch games from the enclosed reception area. Only participants (and in the case of The World War Experience, teaching staff) are allowed in the gaming areas. Please do NOT bring very young children with you to watch the games, as the site is not designed to be safe for very young children.
NON-ARRIVAL / LATE ARRIVAL OF PARTICIPANTS
39. When you book for a specific number of participants, we guarantee we will have sufficient Outdoor Lazertag / Nerf guns available for them to use (subject to any damage or malfunction which is beyond our control), and sufficient staff to supervise the session. As such, refunds cannot be given (unless we are unable to run your booking), even if participants do not turn-up to play, or turn-up too late to join in (after the equipment and safety briefing has started).
40. Smoking is permitted on-site only at the designated smoking point, and only by persons aged 16 years old and over. Participants may smoke during game breaks if absolutely necessary, however no extra time will be allocated for the resulting loss of game time, so please be considerate to other non-smoking participants by keeping cigarette breaks to a minimum in terms of both quantity and duration. If, in the opinion of any of our members of staff, a participant is delaying the proceedings as a result of excessive smoking breaks (in terms of number, or duration), we reserve the right to ask that participant to sit-out for a period of time, and they will not be eligible for a refund in consideration of the time lost.
41. The consumption of alcohol on-site is strictly prohibited at all times.
42. For insurance and safety reasons, please note that any participant(s) who, in the opinion of our members of staff, appear to be under the influence of alcohol (or who consume, or attempt to consume, alcohol on site) will not be permitted to participate, will be required to leave the site, and will not be eligible for a refund.
FOOD AND DRINK
43. Only food and drink which has been purchased or supplied from our on-site catering facilities may be consumed on our premises (we may have a selection of drinks and snacks available for purchase, subject to availability, and drinks of squash and water for participants is included in the participation fee). Exceptions to this rule will be made for bottle-fed/weaning babies, or people with any genuine medical dietary needs for which we cannot cater. Participants and spectators are not permitted to bring any food or drink on-site with them, without obtaining permission from us in advance.
44. We do not have any playground or sports-field facilities on-site, other than the areas used for Outdoor Lazertag and/or Nerf Battle and/or Zombie Night games and/or The World War Experience. To that end, we would politely ask participants not to engage in any running around, ball games, horse-play or similar behaviour, either before or after their session, or during breaks in their session. This rule applies to all areas (including the car-park).
45. If any participant in your group has special needs (disabilities, learning difficulties, serious medical conditions, etc), we MUST be advised of this (in full detail) prior to you booking. We do not discriminate against participants with special needs, but we do need to ensure we have adequate staff levels to accommodate such participants, whilst still ensuring the safety and welfare of the whole group. To that end, we must be informed in advance of any participants with special needs, otherwise they may not be permitted to participate but will still be charged for.
46. With the exception of registered guide dogs, dogs are not permitted anywhere on-site (this includes the car park area), regardless of whether they are kept on a lead. Please do NOT bring dogs with you in your vehicle unless you are only dropping-off/picking-up participants during which time they must remain inside your vehicle at all times.
47. The vast majority of our participants and spectators are polite and well-behaved. Sadly, a small minority of people seem to think that because they are paying to participate (or paying for somebody else to participate), they can do whatever they want whilst on-site. In order to ensure a safe and pleasant environment which is suitable for the whole family, please note that anybody demonstrating (a) general disrespect for our property, rules or other participants/members of staff, or (b) foul language, abusiveness or aggressiveness towards other participants/members of staff, will be required to leave the site with immediate effect, and will not be eligible for a refund. No allowances or exceptions will be made, even for younger participants; our view is that if participants are old enough to take part in our activities, they should also be mature enough to appreciate what constitutes acceptable behaviour. Please note that we also expect other group members who may be spectating (e.g. parents, siblings, friends, etc.) to behave appropriately.